Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Finished Bookcases

This past weekend I finished putting together three bookcases for my entrance/office room. I'm sooo excited about them. I'm sure you're wondering why I chose a dark wood - I have a good reason! I plan to paint this room and also add white wainscoting around the bottom. Normally I'm into lighter woods, but I'm hoping this will work with the color scheme I have in my mind. Now I just need to get the courage to paint!

These are the first two I did - they were SOOOO awesome and super easy to put together. I got them from Target and they were extremely heavy, but really not expensive at all. I think the taller one was only $31 - you can't beat that!



This one was more of a pain to put together (and was more expensive) but I like it the best. I love the nine different cubbies; and of course I've already found little baskets to match the curtains. [I actually had those before I even found the shelves.]



Slowly, but surely, my house is coming together...and I LOVE it! Sometimes I sit and think "I can't believe I actually own a house...what an accomplishment!" 2009 has definitely been a year of changes.

1 comment: