Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday...

came with a lot of firsts!

1. First Easter in my new house =)

2. First crabs of the season - yummmy! Mom decided she didn't want to cook a traditional Easter dinner, so I offered to buy crabs (esp since I just got my tax refund) But also because they are my ultimate favorite thing to eat & once I found out that Roy's had crabs - I just knew that's what we'd be eating for Easter dinner. So my parents came over to MY house and we covered my table with vinyl tablecloths & newspaper and ate until our bellies were full. Then we went for a walk around the neighborhood to burn off some calories!



Finished product (the pile of shells). And a container full of fresh lump crabmeat to freeze. I think I'm going to make a crab/vegetable soup.


3. First time using my lawn mower - I mowed my neighbor/friend, Melanie's, yard. I have to wait to mow mine because my dad wants to kill the dandelions first =) Who know there was an order of doing that!?!

4. First time I potted my own house plant. I know it sounds silly, but I was very excited about this one. I've had this awesome flower pot for almost a year & when Evelyn, George & the kids came to visit this weekend they brought me an inside plant that needed replanting. So I went and bought some potting soil & proceeded to plant it. Now I hope I can just keep it alive & green!



5. Lastly, Zuri's first Easter basket. I just had to add this hilarious picture of Zuri, Felicia's daughter. Her husband loaded this picture on Facebook and I about died laughing when I saw it. I guess she takes after her Auntie Shell with her love of chocolate. Evidently, they were riding in the car and all the sudden Zuri got real quiet. They looked back and she had a Cadbury Cream Egg oozing out of her mouth - double PEW!

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Look at my Moo Moo! The funniest part of the story is how stealthy a not-even-two year old can be! She was super quiet peeling the wrapper off (I'm sure at 2 years old, I would have just eaten the wrapper) and even got caught chewing quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Crabs, YUMMO!!!
    2) Your plant is beautiful!
    3) Zuri has gotten so big!! Little ones sure do keep life interesting!!

    ReplyDelete