Monday, April 20, 2009

Clean Sweep

I'm so excited to finally post a blog about this. I ordered Addy (my best friend's daughter) an awesome gift over the internet; a child's cleaning trolley. Sarah was telling me that Addy has been really interested in carrying around the adult broom and doing everything her momma is doing. Since I know Sarah always keeps a tidy house - I thought it would be perfect to get Addy a little cleaning set of her own. I was also hoping that it will help eliminate her fear of her mother's real vacuum. I was so excited the day it was going to be delivered at my house - I was telling everyone at work about it. I hadn't even told Sarah what I got her, I wanted it to be a surprise for both of them. Here is what the box looks like:



And I wanted to meet up with Sarah & Addy after work the day of delivery but it was Thursday. And Thursdays are her normal day to go to grandma & grandpa's house. I was super bummed...but then I got a text message later in the day saying that grandma wasn't feeling well & that they would be staying home. Don't get me wrong - I wasn't happy that g-ma was sick - but I was selfishly excited that I got to give Addy her awesome gift.

Here we are putting together the cart and Addy's taking an inventory of all the pieces.


And here is her first time using her big girl vacuum. She was a little unsure at first, because you can actually turn the vacuum on and it makes real vacuum noises.


And this is my favorite picture of all - Addy cleaning the floors with her bucket & mop. What a cute girl!


P.S. I don't normally splurge on my friend's kids...my normal rule is no gifts - but I really couldn't pass this one up. So I told Addy the next gift she got would be at graduation :)

I did get a text from Sarah a few days later that Addy was scared at first of her momma's vacuum but then she wanted to get down & play with her own cleaning set. So that was a success too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment