Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

I had just gotten off the phone with my parents - telling them how I wasn't going to put my normal (good) ornaments on the tree this year. Since it's Callie's first year and she's still a kitten, I didn't want to risk her breaking my semi-good ornaments. Some of them I've had since I was a kid that my mom gave me when I moved out. I keep having these nightmares that I wake up & the tree will be laying in the floor. So I was telling them how I wanted to make a JMU tree and just get cheap purple & gold ornaments at Walmart or something. In the meantime I was pulling into the Family Dollar (F.D.) parking lot to get a string of white lights. I put my tree up last night & strung all the lights & realized once I was done that the large string wasn't working. It wasn't worth trying to figure out which light was broken so I decided to buy a whole new strand. I walk into F.D. and would you believe they had this big purple garland with gold accents. I was SUPER excited! And then I looked around some more and found purple & gold ornaments to match. I think I only spent $25 and decorated my whole tree. I'm really impressed with how it turned out, although the pictures below don't do it justice. My camera doesn't take the best pictures with the mini lights on the tree. I think I'm going to make a Duke Dog tree topper - gotta find a good picture & maybe cut it into the shape of a star. I know I'm a dork - but this really made my night! Another thing crossed off the list - now it's time to wrap presents!



Close-up of the pretty purple & gold colors - GO DUKES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment