Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

This has been a great weekend of chilling with my friends and family. I didn't have too many things planned because I really wanted to focus on getting my house ready for my Housewarming party. It's only two weeks away! Plus I've got to get everything ready for Amber's baby shower...the list is always a mile long =)



I've been meaning to take a picture of my new front porch chair set, but always think about it at the wrong time. I searched for awhile before I found these at Walmart. They were running low on stock in Fredericksburg so I drove to La Plata and got them there. Of course the box wouldn't fit in the back of my Honda Civic so we took everything out of the box and literally shoved it in my back seat! They didn't take me too long to put together which was a good thing! And I really like how the red matches my shutters =) As you can also see my windows are open. I really love having the fresh air flow through the house, but unfortunately this weekend it got a little too hot & I had to turn on the AC. I was really loving my last two electric bills...but oh well - I can't fry in my own house!



Yesterday I walked to a cookout at my high school friend's house, Jason (who is also my neighbor). Well actually I didn't walk...I drove my John Deere lawn mower with the cart attached. I know it sounds funny but it was practical - I packed up my Bocce ball set, chair, cooler & food and drove right across the other neighbor's yard =)

One of the things I decided to bring to the cookout was a fruit tray. When you are dealing with boys they only think about having the meats (hot dogs, hamburgers, sausages, shrimp, etc). I was able to use my new Pampered Chef Pineapple Wedger. It's just like the smaller apple one. I bought it because my mom's Relay for Life team was doing a fundraiser through PC so I decided to order a few things. I was a little skeptical, but I was really impressed with how it worked! Yummm...fresh pineapple!



Hope you had a good LONG weekend =)

No comments:

Post a Comment