Saturday, February 6, 2010

R.I.P. Ruth E. McDaniel

June 16, 1916 - January 29, 2010

We lost my dear Grandma Ruth 1+ week ago after 93 years of life. We just had her funeral this past Thursday. It was very tough for me - cried a lot, but she is definitely in a better place. The past year had been rough for us seeing her health & mind go significantly down hill. I have a LOT of great memories with her that I will cherish forever. I still really can't believe she's gone. But it is ironic that the day of her funeral it was 40 degrees and very sunny. We've been in between snow storms the past 2 weekends, but the clouds moved away and God brought out the sun. He knows grandma always hated being cold! And now I'm snowed in with 12-18 inches of snow.

This picture was from Christmas 2008. It was one of her first times playing the Wii bowling - as you can see she was very excited about it. And she actually did good for a 90 year old.


<3 you G-ma

No comments:

Post a Comment